Raider Respect PledgeShip is committed to the health and well-being of our students, faculty, staff, and surrounding community.
It will take collective action to mitigate the transmission of COVID-19 in our community so students may successfully achieve their educational goals. By signing the Raider Respect Pledge you commit to doing your part for our community by adhering to the physical distancing and public behavior protocols detailed below.
All members of the Ship community and visitors will be required to wear facial coverings and to maintain appropriate physical distance in campus buildings, on campus, and in the broader Ship community as outlined in the Shippensburg University COVID-19 Recovery and Risk Mitigation Enforcement Policy [PDF]. Individuals experiencing symptoms of illness (fever, coughing, shortness of breath, etc.) will stay home, contact a doctor, and follow PASSHE, state and federal guidelines.
Extra-curricular, social, and recreational activities are important components of our educational experience and are encouraged as long as they can be conducted practicing the appropriate mitigation protocols, including guidelines for physical distancing, for participants and for those with whom they may come into contact during and after those activities.
Outdoor and indoor spaces across campus will be configured for students to gather and connect appropriately. Buildings will have signage providing guidance, designated social areas will be identified, and outdoor spaces will have identified seating and social configurations designed to maximize social connectivity while maintaining physical distance. Outdoor activities will be available to students as weather permits.
I understand, as a member of the Ship community, that I have an important role in keeping the community strong. I understand that the mitigation protocols I am being asked to follow are necessary to protect the health and well-being of others in my community and beyond. I agree to abide by all federal, state, PASSHE, local, and Shippensburg University mandates, policies, protocols, and procedures related to COVID-19, and I agree to participate in any required training.
I understand that violations of the COVID-19 Recovery and Risk Mitigation Enforcement Policy [PDF] may be directed to the Office of Student Conduct, for disciplinary review and action. I agree that, should the student conduct process determine that my behavior jeopardized the health and well-being of others in the Ship community, I may be directed to refrain from participating in any on-campus activities (while permitted to continue my academic program remotely), my access to campus buildings may be restricted, and my SUID card may be deactivated for a period of time as determined by the Office of Student Conduct.
Health and Wellness
- To collaborate with Shippensburg University on daily wellness checks by monitoring for symptoms, being tested as recommended by health professionals, and tracking my contacts should I test positive, as part of my public service to protecting other students and Ship community members.
- To maintain appropriate (6 feet) physical distance from others whenever possible.
- To wear a facial covering as mandated by current official guidance (whether federal, state, PASSHE, or university), including in classrooms.
- To wash my hands frequently for at least 20 seconds throughout each day and before and after interactions with others.
- To use alcohol-based disinfectant provided throughout campus buildings to clean surfaces with which I come into contact, including but not limited to desks and seats in classrooms.
Travel & Guests
- To refrain from having any guests, including other students or family members, in my on-campus residence.
- To limit all unnecessary personal travel and adhere to the University’s most current guidance on Ship- affiliated travel, found on the Raider Respect Website.
- To comply, if I must travel, with quarantine and testing requirements based on guidance of the Pennsylvania Department of Public Health and the public health agency of my travel destination.
- To congregate only in designated outdoor and indoor areas of campus, wearing a facial covering, maintaining adequate physical distance, and complying with all signage.
- To sit only in seats designated and clearly marked as available in classrooms and other campus buildings.
- To follow procedures for entering and exiting classrooms and for entering and exiting rows of seating in classrooms, which will be clearly marked on signs in and around classrooms.
- To follow procedures for entering and exiting campus buildings, which will be visible on signs near the entrances and exits of campus buildings.
Social Life & Recreation
- To participate in student clubs, performing arts groups, intramural and club sports, and any other University-sponsored student life activity virtually as much as possible and, when not virtual, to observe the physical distancing guidelines and other COVID-19-related safety protocols adopted by the University.
- To refrain from organizing, hosting, or attending events, parties, or other social gatherings off-campus that may cause safety risks to me and other members of the community.
- To acknowledge that drinking alcohol and using other drugs will increase my risk of engaging in risky behavior and/or needing medical treatment, including the increased risk of being exposed to higher-risk contact with others. Alcohol consumption and recreational drug use will not be considered an excuse for unauthorized risky COVID-19-related behavior.
Mask Up, Raiders! It’s up to us to Keep Campus Open!
Shippensburg University is deeply committed to the well-being and success of our campus family, Shippensburg community, South Central Pennsylvania and the Commonwealth. Some operational details may change based on continuing developments and revised guidelines and recommendations from the federal government, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE), and Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education (State System/PASSHE).