- A COVID-19 Athletics Taskforce was formed to develop all plans related to a safe return to competition.
- All planning is based upon guidance from the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC), the state of Pennsylvania. and other appropriate groups.
- The PSAC will develop guidelines for all teams to continue individual skill instruction this fall, as well as strength and conditioning activities under social distancing protocols. The guidelines are expected by the end of the summer.
- All incoming and returning student-athletes are required to abide by the guidelines and recommendations for undergraduate and graduate students.
Learn more about Raider Respect and take the pledge.
Outlook & Goals
- Returning safely to athletic competition is a goal for Spring 2021, in accordance with PSAC guidelines.
- Consideration and evaluation of all aspects of athletic competition is ongoing, including spectator attendance. Significant discussions are being held at the national, conference, and regional levels.
- With a return to athletic competition, live video will broadcast as many SU intercollegiate athletic contests as possible, based upon the technology infrastructure.
- Updates can be found at www.shipraiders.com/coronavirus
Health & Well-being
Frequently Asked Questions for Student-athletes
What about practice sessions and strength and conditioning workouts for fall sports?
Per the PSAC's release, "The Conference and its member institutions will develop guidelines for all teams to continue individual skill instruction as well as strength and conditioning activities under social distancing protocols by the end of the summer."
What about practice sessions and workouts for winter and spring sports?
Per the PSAC's release, "The determination as to when winter and spring sports may begin workouts and practices will be considered at a later date."
I have an NCAA eligibility question. Who should I contact?
Student-athletes with questions related to NCAA eligibility should contact Ashley Grimm, associate director of athletics, at [email protected]
What will the 2021 schedules look like?
Revised schedules for competition in 2021 are being developed by the PSAC and will be posted once they are approved and made official.
As we navigate to welcoming students, faculty, and staff back to campus for the fall 2020 semester, some details of the plan may change based on continuing developments and revised guidelines and recommendations from the federal government, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE), and Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education (State System/PASSHE). Shippensburg University is deeply committed to the well-being and success of our campus family, Shippensburg community, south-central Pennsylvania, and the Commonwealth.