- A COVID-19 Athletics Taskforce was formed to develop all plans related to a safe return to competition.
- All planning is based upon guidance from the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC), the state of Pennsylvania. and other appropriate groups.
- The PSAC will develop guidelines for all teams to continue individual skill instruction this fall, as well as strength and conditioning activities under social distancing protocols. The guidelines are expected by the end of the summer.
- All incoming and returning student-athletes are required to abide by the guidelines and recommendations for undergraduate and graduate students.
Learn more about Raider Respect and take the pledge.
Outlook & Goals
- Returning safely to athletic competition is a goal for Spring 2021, in accordance with PSAC guidelines.
- Consideration and evaluation of all aspects of athletic competition is ongoing, including spectator attendance. Significant discussions are being held at the national, conference, and regional levels.
- With a return to athletic competition, live video will broadcast as many SU intercollegiate athletic contests as possible, based upon the technology infrastructure.
- Updates can be found at www.shipraiders.com/coronavirus
Health & Well-being
Shippensburg University is deeply committed to the well-being and success of our campus family, Shippensburg community, South Central Pennsylvania and the Commonwealth. Some operational details may change based on continuing developments and revised guidelines and recommendations from the federal government, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE), and Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education (State System/PASSHE).